Since 2002 it has been a mandatory requirement for homes with replacement glazing to comply with Building Regulations to ensure sufficient efficiency, safety, and ventilation standards. Reducing heat loss and heat gain by up to 30% in comparison to single glazing, in line with current UK building regulations, replacement windows must have a minimum WER rating of band C (minimum U-value 1.6 W/m2k) and replacement doors must have a DER rating of at least E (U-value 1.8 W/m2k or less). Consisting of two panes of glass separated by an insulating layer of argon gas, each of our high performance home improvement solutions feature modern double glazed units as standard.
• Average West Midlands house prices can increase by up to 10% with new double glazing.
• Improving your homes energy performance rating (EPC) could also increase property value by as much as 14%. Regionally, simple energy efficient improvements in the average Worcester home can result in an impressive £21,028 increase!
• The average A rated (gas heated) semi detached home can expect to save between £80 - £110 on their energy bills by upgrading to modern double glazing.
• With around 20% of household heat lost through inferior single glazing, it's estimated that double glazing can reduce carbon emissions by up to 680 kg per year. Put into perspective, a return flight from London to New York emits 990 kg of CO2!
• Today's double glazing has an average lifespan of 25-30 years when it’s installed in sheltered areas that don't experience prolonged extreme weather conditions. Locations subjected to harsh weather can expect their double glazing to last around 20 years.Get in touch
• Noticeable noise reductions; replacing single glazing with double glazing can reduce external noise by as much as 50%.
• Double glazing can be enhanced further with a range of specialist options, including decorative, obscure, acoustic, tinted, solar control and self cleaning glass.
• Effective condensation reductions.
• A practical extra barrier against intruders.
• Comprehensive product guarantee.Get in touch
Excellent process from the start. Work carried out was of an excellent standard with professional and polite company operatives. slight delay on two finishers for the front door however, Designhaus persevered to obtain the correct colour finishing strips and looks great. Very pleased
Really pleased with my Garden Room by Designhaus.
The Designhaus team are excellent, Professional, friendly and efficient going above and beyond to make sure you have your dream build.
My garden is transformed!
I would highly recommend Designhaus you won’t be disappointed.
My wife and I are extremely pleased with the with the tiled roof conversion to our conservatory.
The whole project was executed very efficiently by a team of well organised, friendly, and competent professionals.
We now have a very attractive ROOM to sit in, with year-round warmth and comfort.
Thank You Designhaus.
Mr & Mrs Ketteringham